Precision Colors Inks

From a Word Press blog post - July 25, 2018

Still printing from my England/Europe negs. Been reading about compatable inks other than LD which I was using before I went back to Canon OEM. As I posted before, I'm printing my b&w with OEMs using the 'gray scale/plain paper' setting which uses the pigment ink from the PGI-250XL cartridge almost exclusively. Gives me, as noted before, a harsher almost xeroxy look. But printing on matte paper doesn't produce saturated blacks.
I've decided to replace that OEM cart with a Precision Colors one filled, by me, with their photo black dye ink. In fact I have the ink, cartridge, re-fill needle but am waiting for an 'O' ring (rubber washer) for the ink bottle cap from PC.
I'm, of course, hoping to get better and deeper blacks and the cost savings will be welcome. Been buying the OEM PGI-250 pigments carts on line --- ebay at about 2/3 the cost.

No comments: