B&W printing 13x19, PrecisionColors Inks and Re-prints Update

After all of the testing, experimentation with OEM, LD and PrecisionColors inks, I finally settled on a final solution.
LD dye inks of CLI-251 carts C,M,Y,G. Precisioncolors photo dye black for both CLI-251 Blk and CLI-250 PGBK.  The CLI-250 PGBK is supposed to be filled with pigment black but I am now and have been filling it with PC photo black. The reason is that after I printed the whole set of photographs from the UK and Europe and the Belle Isle Love In and actually delivered them to the DIA last May - I looked critically at the duplicate set I kept here and compared them to the prints I was making after May after having arrived at the system above (using photo black in the pigment cart), I realized to my horror that the pigment black prints were dull, lifeless and lacked deep, rich blacks. I decided that I would absolutely have to re-print all of them and I emailed Nancy B. and informed her of that fact and hoped they had not started to digitize them into the system. They had not.
So I ended up re-printing 2 new sets of the UK/Europe prints plus The Belle Isle Love In prints as well. Some of the prints were OK and did not need re-printing because I had originally printed in color mode and adjusted the colors and tones — about 11. The rest were printed using black only.     

No comments: