DIA Exhibit Set for June 2019

A promised exhibition of my work is now planned for June 2019. It was previously set for September 2019.

I learned of this change last week via a return email from the curator, Nancy Barr. My email to her was an inquiry to the possibility of an appointment with her to hand over reprints of a set of photographs I'd gifted to The DIA in May 2018.

Subsequent to that May 2018 set delivery, I decided they were at least substandard and decided to reprint. Took me several months to research paper and inks and finally to print again. I've ended up with close to 100 prints - mostly 13x19 with also around 15 - 11x14 which were not included in the May 2018 gift. Plus 8-10 from the Belle Isle series. By the time of delivery I may have added more. 

Most of the photographs are from 3 trips to England and Europe in 1987, '89 and '90. There are also a set of photographs from a (photo) shooting in 1987 at the so called Belle Isle Love-In on the island of Belle Isle in Detroit. There are additional photographs in each set than were delivered in May 2018.

So a March meeting is good, just have to set a date with Nancy. 

No comments: