UPDATE: Deliver DIA Prints and Actual Exhibit Date

Delivered exchange prints plus new ones to the DIA on Thursday. 81-13x19 and 16-11 x14 prints of the U.K. and Europe from 3 trips there, 11-13x19 prints of the 1967 Belle Isle Love-In in Detroit, 7-11x14 prints from my Detroit Hookers Series and 4-13x19 prints from my Detroit and Other Misc Photographs group.

Came away with suggestions for more prints from perused pages in Detroit Doc over coffee at the DIA cafe. Also for the next meeting in mid-April, Nancy Barr needs some of the laminated pages from Solidarity's "This Working Life" features and a couple magazine spreads of Thatcher's England that were published in Solidarity and Outtakes. By the way, the actual exhibit date is sometime in July of 2020. I was thinking June of this year. She needs this stuff for the exhibit book/catalog by May 1, 2019. Some may go into the exhibit.

At this meeting a couple of days ago, Nancy had questions delving into my background for details. Mostly for now about how my interest in jazz started. Nothing yet about my first interest in photography. Also talked a little about the name of the exhibit. I'm thinking just "Russ Marshall: Photographs". I'm thinking about giving her copies of my books. She has This Working Life but the pages are falling out.

If there are a few to be printed larger than what I've provided, I'll have to take the negs to a lab in Auburn Hills, MI. Hopefully I'll be able to monitor the printing.

 




No comments: